04 Jan Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Hair Treatment. What to Expect.
Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Hair Treatment. What to expect.
You may already know that platelet rich plasma is extracted from your own blood, but you still have questions about the procedure.
Here's what to expect on the day of your PRP hair treatment session.
Before your appointment:
On the morning of your appointment, you are expected to wash your hair. No other hair products should be applied.
During your appointment:
- Upon arrival at the NuMale clinic you will be escorted to a private room.
- The targeted areas for PRP injections will be reconfirmed by the medical provider.
- Your blood will be drawn and the vial will be placed in a centrifuge machine. This machine gradually separates the platelets from the blood cells. This takes approximately 10 minutes.
- During the separation process (Step 3), your medical provider or technician will apply a topical anesthetic (numbing cream) to your scalp.
- The extracted PRP is injected in the predetermined areas of the scalp.
PRP hair treatment sessions are approximately 45 minutes long, and are typically done 4-6 weeks apart. The medical provider will determine how many sessions are required during your free consultation. Many patients start to see results after the 1st treatment. Others start to see noticeable results after the 2nd or 3rd treatment.
Advantages of PRP Hair Treatment*
- Use Your Own Blood
- Fast Results
- Affordable and Cost Effective
- No Scars
- No Medication
- No Downtime
Contact our hair loss clinic if you have any questions.
*Results may vary.